B.Sc. Hons. Nursing Programme
Starts from:January 1, 1970 9:30AM - 4:00PM
AIM and Objective of the Programme
The aim of the undergraduate nursing program is to:-
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decision in nursing, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health function in the hospital, community health nursing service and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manage clinical/public health setting.
On completion of the four year B.Sc. Nursing programme the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative system and Nursing for providing care to individual families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of lifestyle and other factors, which affect health of individual and groups.
- Provide nursing care base on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
B.Sc.Hons. Nursing Programme is an undergraduate programme in nursing of 4 year duration which is divided in 8 semesters. This is a regular, in-campus course. It includes a variety of nursing subjects and non-nursing subjects which are important for a better nursing care. The semester wise placement of subjects is given below:
|I||Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Nursing Foundation I & Ii And English|
|II||Nutrition & Biochemistry, Psychology, Nursing Foundation III|
|III||Preventive Medicine And Epidemiology, Medical Surgical Nursing I, Medical Surgical Nursing II|
|IV||Medical Surgical Nursing III, Medical Surgical Nursing IV, Educational Technology, Computers& Communication Skills|
|V||Obstetrical Nursing &Genetics, Child Health Nursing,|
|VI||Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Sociology,|
|VII||Research &Statistics, Management Of Nursing Services &Education, Integrated Practical Experience|
|VIII||Integrated Practical Experience|
No team found.